Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
Well, picked the car up. Love the look of these tires. Drove well on the way home...absolutely cut noise down from what I had and felt really solid. I had this place do an alignment as well. Now, before everyone jumps on me for that, I asked them a TON of questions...including what equipment they use. Oddly enough, when they opened shop, they went and looked at Brumos Porsches (local dealer) equipment and bought the same equipment. They have a guy that has done these before.

So needless to say, the aligment with coupon was $68 vs Brumos who wants over $200...

The car drove very very straight and felt perfect! I took a pic of my mileage before I went in as well and dropped it off...they did not put any miles on it and when I came to pick it up, they had the car sitting on the side of the building where there are no parking spaces and away from any possible traffic so that made me very happy.

I am a freak about my cars...this is the second time I have gone to this particular shop and they have been great both times (my daily is a Honda Accord and had new tires and alignment done before. Free rotation, balancing ANYTIME I need it and if a tire blows or is popped and they cant fix it, they give a new tire at zero cost.

The shop I believe is a Florida thing...it is suntire. Great guys and great prices. All together, $721. Take off old, put on new, balance, alignment, etc.
I'm guessing $68 did not include the before & after printout of the alignment settings that shows what was actually done like Brumos does.
Be wary of comparing old tires that you are willing to pay money to replace with new tires that have just been balanced.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote