View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
johnappleby

Boxster Rear Trunk/Boot latch gone - any ideas?

So it looks like the cable holding the boot latch has gone on my Boxster. Not a good week! I can hear the solenoid actuating when the button is pulled, but it does not open. I've tried the usual things and I'm stuck

- Pressing, shoving, lifting, nudging the boot whilst someone else presses the button
- Taking the rear bumper off to find the backup boot latch, which is also broken (pulled right out the car)

I read that there are two solutions - first, taking a saw to the trunk and then replacing it once you are inside. Second, there was one poster who described using a very slim spanner/wrench to slowly remove the lock.

Does anyone have any other ideas, or more detailed instructions of how to remove the lock? Actually right now I'd probably settle for a good photo of the lock mechanism of the rear trunk so I can see what I'm working with. Not even sure what I will do if I get it open - tape the trunk shut until I get new parts?

Thinking to get a slim wrench and have a go next weekend, I will photograph the experience if I do it. Suspect it will be time-consuming and frustrating. Any/all ideas or experiences hugely appreciated.
johnappleby is offline   Reply With Quote