View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

For suspension duties, I chose 4 996 GT3 cup fronts in the form of Sachs double adjusts. These can typically be had from old team spares or take-offs from people upgrading their cup cars. They are going to be quite a step up from my old Pss9's and not break the bank.

Quite a bit of modification needed to be made to the shock bodies intended for the rear of the car. The piggyback reservoir had to be moved down on the body and we added some threads further down the shaft. This will help us get the desired ride height and droop travel needed. All four were just rebuilt after the modifications. They will control the Eibach main and tender springs. Spring rates are going to need some testing.

In the front, I'm also going to be using 996 cup uprights. The 996TT/997S calipers bolt right up. I can use a 997S rotor with a little bit of spacing adjustment.

Also removed all of the GT3 "street" control arms with the rubber bushings and replaced them with the RSS pieces. Also used their height adjustable rear toe arms.

Last edited by Eric523; 08-30-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote