View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #9
Bigsmoothlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Ok, a well driven S2k will give us 2.5L guys fits in AX but should never outrun a healthy 3.4L. I am thinking tires, setup, coaching. Have you already maxed tires/suspension in your class? Maybe try 245/275x17 Hankook Z214s and have someone else drive your car to see if there are setup issues that could be improved. A motorsport LSD usually makes a big difference on 3.4 cars by allowing you to get on the gas sooner. Changing final drive will certainly bump you up another class and have you playing with Z06 Corvettes.

Carrying more speed through the corners is the speed secret in AX, not banging the rev limiter on the straights.
All of that is true. If I give my car to an instructor to run, he's usually 2-3 secs faster than me on a 60 sec course.

I really just wanted to try a 4.10:1, but it looks like the differential in the automatic transmission is completely different than the manual, so its not happening. Ill just find 97-99 transmission, and that should give me a decent bump in torque.
Bigsmoothlee is offline   Reply With Quote