View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Boxster586

Garage
Thank you guys. As a newbie to Boxsters and track driving events, I really appreciate your inputs.

The following questions and statements may seem confusing but that is because I am confused.

My car, contrary to what I've read here, has a lot of oversteer (or so I think). In corners, at the limit, I can easily pop the rear end loose by tapping on the gas. Being a newbie with so so throttle control, this somewhat intimidates me. I tend to brake too hard and take corners too slow as a result. So much momentum is lost because of this.

The two things I'm looking for with this sway bar kit are:

1. Just a tiny bit less body roll
2. A little more grip in the back

I think if I can get these two things, the car would feel more balanced for ME.

Having said the above, it could just be that my tires suck and is a contributing factor to my loss of grip. The tread is deep because they're fairly new (I'm guessing 7/32" to 8/32" ). I'm running 18" Hankook Ventus V12 at 31 psi cold for the fronts and 36 psi cold for the rears. My front tires are not rolling over as the wear marks are near but not touching the little triangular wear indicators. The wear on the rear tires indicate that they're even farther away from rolling over. I do have a 4 year old set of Michellin Pilot Sport with 4/32" that I may try at my next track day. I've been hesitant in using them because of the age of the tires.....too old?

I'm so very envious of members who lives and hour or two from the a track. I have a six hour drive to the nearest track so I really have to make the most out of these track days. Your inputs helps me to think through some of the things I may experiment with to get the most out of these track days.

By the way, I picked the Eibachs because of the similar bar diameters to the S (I have a base 2003) and the price was right at $320ish including shipping.

Thank you.

Last edited by Boxster586; 08-15-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Boxster586 is offline   Reply With Quote