View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
IMACMAN

Quick Fix Question

Hi... I seem to have the same problem... 99 986, just started happening after 3 hour drive on windy road..hot day etc,,,, car seems to handle fine but squeaking on front passenger side is very bad...smaller squeak when wheel moves vertically over say a bump... but really loud when turning the steering right or left ( unbearable ), so my question is assuming it's the bushing, in the ? control arm? Sway bar? ( Novice here ) is
there an issue with doing this...kinda like taking something for the symptoms of an illness to make them go away... but not curing the diesease...if you get my meaning? is there a chance of some catastrophic failure by just masking the squeak?..ie will one wheel go in one direction and the other in another?

I'm having it put up on a ramp tomorrow, and asked the Mechanic to look over the front suspension / shocks everything...just incase ( just had a set of bielstiens put on the back ) one rear shock was gone... was price but was well worth it.... nice tight ride now.
Any Input anyone?

Paul
Imacman 99, 986
IMACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote