View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #10
black_box
DIY extremist

Have driven / had PS2's, Hankook V12's, Conti SportContact 3's, and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, all on recent Porsches.

That being said - Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the one tire to rule them all. They're what I run now, and what my Dad switched to on his P-cars (including one identical to yours) after driving mine. They are grippy as hell, firm in the corners, quiet (esp compared to goodyears), amazing in the wet, and have a 300 treadwear rating. They are a very different design than the PS2's and are better performers (read magazine tests to confirm), even while being more practical and economical, both mileage and price wise. These are, by far, the best street tires I've ever driven on. Just be sure to get the road hazard insurance -- you'll use it.

(FYI: there are reports though, that these tires can be problematic at the track for cars w/ a lot of neg camber, where temps stay super high and cornering loads are also extreme, due to the built-in rain compound on the in-side of the tires tearing off in in fingernail size chunks. Which would still be under warranty
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote