View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:44 AM   #6
donv

I've now used both the Zaino and Klasse products. My Boxster has been Zaino only; I applied Klasse AIO and SG on the daily driver last week after doing a PC buffing to remove swirls and scratches. As such, I can't do a 100% A/B comparison (because of the different cars/paint colors and condition) but I found the finished results for a basic job to be similar. By basic job I mean not doing massive layering, just one application of the "base" product (AIO/PolishLok) and one of the "topper" (SG/Z3 or 5).

I found them both to be easy to use - similar application and removal. The difference for me seems to be in subjective areas:
1) Zaino has way more "fragrance" than Klasse (some might call it stink - really strong chemical "fruity" smell) when applying it,
2) Zaino has a complete line that is billed as 100% compatible - so no need to wash off the detailer spray to apply another layer of finish, the soap is finish enhancing, etc. - but folks have lots of "tricks" for applying stuff over Klasse and the Klasse AIO can supposedly be used as a car wash too in low concentrations, etc.
3) Zaino has lots of other "stuff" to spend your money on... T-Shirts and Stickers you can pay for to do their advertising , etc.
4) Klasse can be obtained in many places at different prices. You can combine orders with other car care products so arguably you can save on shipping when buying other stuff. Zaino is sold from their web site only (at least in my experience to date) and there seems to be just one price and shipping cost as a consequence.

The two product lines are roughly the same cost (at least on a per ounce and frequency of practical use basis). They may specify different application rates but in practical terms you end up using just as much of each for an application (you'd need to be using a pipette to "measure" the fractions of an ounce you add to the applicator as you go along, otherwise).

I have no way yet to talk to the relative durability of each, but in many ways I think this is a moot point - I don't think anyone that cares about their car's finish will wait for the product to fail before reapplying it. Most likely you're going to put more on in a few weeks or months and that will be well within the time of it stopping providing protection.

So bottom line, I think this will boil down to a religious argument. There will be adherents to each product and appearance preferences but no truly "scientific" way that will be accepted by all to figure out which is "the one". The good news is they are both great options for folks that like a good look and a finish that has extended protection. I heartily recommend both.