View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
First road trip observations....

I drove to Blakeslee, PA from Waterloo, Ontario this past weekend for my first ever Nascar race at Pocono.
What an amazing long-distance vehicle! Extremely comfortable seats, only exited the car to fill the tank, eat or use the restroom on the drive down.
We left at 4:30 am, roof down, and my GPS took us on mostly 2-lane roads.
Roof was down for the entire trip home as well. Used copious sunscreen. No scalp burn, but the insides of my biceps got burned. Ouch and oops. Now I know to sunscreen there too.
Apparently Boxsters are also pretty good at mud bogging. I found out the hard way at the track. Two huge downpours made the meadow grass parking lot into a rutted, slick, slippery field of grass-covered goo. At least all the rain washed it clean on the run back to the hotel.
The entire experience was great, and I'll do it again, except next time I'd hope my hood crest doesn't get stolen. It went missing somewhere on the drive home on Monday.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation

Last edited by BoxsterSteve; 08-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote