Thread: Buying a Boxter
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
BruceH

Garage
I just bought my 01 S with 64K miles, 2 owners for $13,750. It is in immaculate condition. Now, I looked at cars from $8000 to $20,000 and everything in between. You just have to be patient. I followed Craigs List around the country as well as cars.com and autotrader. If you can travel to the right car, you have more choices. I liked the 2.5L cars but I am glad that I got an S. What ever car you find, make sure there is some service history and get a PPI to find any hidden problems. Find a local independent Porsche shop and go talk to them. They may also know of some local cars that might be for sale plus you have the benefit of knowing how they were serviced. There are lots of well cared for cars out there, but there are plenty that are not. You just have to keep looking. Once you find the "right one" you will be glad that you took your time. I'm 50 and had the same rough budget that you have, although I was willing to go to $15K. The original asking price of mine was around $18K so don't be afraid to look at those above your range. Like I said, there are lots of Boxsters out there so you have room to negotiate!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote