Thread: Buying a Boxter
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Pastor T
Top down

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Pastor T
Buying a Boxter

Ladies and gentlemen, I am completely new here and so new to Boxters that I don't even own one yet. I am 63 years old and basically want a fun car to run around in, not race. However, I do like a long drive on a challenging road!! I currently own a 96 Celica GT convertable and want to move up to something with more power.. So the Boxter is my choice and I have $10-12K to spend on an entry level car. I have been reading and comparing various cars for a long time and finally settled on a Boxster. I have read most everything I can find and have discovered a lot that I need to be aware of. With my price range I think I'm basically looking at a 1999-2002 with around 75k - 125K miles. There are some 2003's in my range but I may not even be looking in the right places. I know the advantages of the bigger engine in 2000 and the glass window in 2003. Can I get a pre 2000 and be safe with the smaller problem prone 2.5? Does it make that much difference especially in a higher mileage car that has most of the bugs worked out. So if you have the time please help me avoid any catastrophes by telling me what you would look for. Thanks
Pastor T is offline   Reply With Quote