View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
edwardneff94

3.2 Jumped time on one bank

I have a 2002 Boxster S with the 3.2 engine. My question is this, what would cause the timing to be off from one side to the other side. My Father was driving the car down the road when all of a sudden the car lost power. When he pulled over and stopped the car it would not restart. I ended up buying the car from him after getting word from Cory at Planet 9 Eleven that the car had jumped time. I pulled the engine out of the car to get a better look at the engine and figure out what course of action would need to take place. When I checked the timing (no tools just used the way I found on here by lining up the notches in the cams) I noticed one bank was right on and the other side was off by just over 1/8 of a turn. I looked and both the exhaust and intake cams are both off by almost the same amount. What would cause this and what should my next step be? I would rather fix this engine then get another one if I can so I have more money for upgrades such as the IMS and RMS. Thank you all for all your help and time.
edwardneff94 is offline   Reply With Quote