View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
boxster7614

I've redone almost all of the parts in my car. I used a can of black vinyl spray paint I got at my local auto parts store. I didn't have a problem color matching because I have the beige interior and only did the black parts. I did this over 5 years ago and it has never pealed or flaked off. You would never know that it had ever been repainted and looks completely stock.....well I guess not stock because that would mean it would look all scratched up lol. So it looks like what stock should have looked like. The key to making it look good is that you have to remove all of the cheap Porsche coating. The best way I found to do this was with a dish scrubbing pad and my fingernails. I used bulldog adhesion promoter first; however, I have since painted other parts in different vehicles without using any promoter and had great results. This paint/dye is formulated specifically for vinyl/leather. It is not as thick as regular paint and you don't have to worry about getting runs in the paint. It goes on very smooth, just do several light coats.
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote