View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Eric G
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Resyncronizing the V Levers...

Question, through a series of events my clam shell became out of sync when the transmission over drove the motor. My car is a 98 2.5L.

I have read Mike's tech pdfs, reread Maurice's tips and gone through the settings based on Bentley. With that said, here is where I am at: I have been able to reengage the the transmission and set the clam shell and V levers in the position according to all the directions...so you might ask whats the problem?

Is the timing done using the "top to go up" or "top to go down" selection? Motor to turn clockwise or counter clockwise when you "reengage" after having been apart? I ask as I just seem to be missing something on this aspect.

When I set ball connection and the clam shell drive rod to the proper height as described by Bentley and go "top down" it over drives the hydraulic rods and runs off the 50th tooth in the transmission, if I go the other direction it will close and then bend the V levers.

Where I am at now is, V levers are straight and the clam shell works if I press the top up I can take it to the full open, stop and then top down and the clam shell closes and I just stop pressing when the motor gets "loaded". The dash light does not go out, but the clam shell is down tight.

I am sure I am just missing some key timing issues but I am not sure what.

By the way, I am NOT using the transmission to drive the actual top as I have converted that to manual and am more then happy with that set up.

Thanks for reading and your help is appreciated...