View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
I'm getting full sound. It is not like the fronts. The speakers are obviously smaller and designed to "fill" the area.
wish someone made a speaker upgrade from the leather bag storage compartment to a rear speaker kit.

I found this on ebay
Porsche Boxster Rear Speaker Kit 1997 - 2009 Upgrade

but it's just two aftermarket speakers, you have to have the rear speaker compartment already. $260+ for two 3.5" speakers.... oh and a wire, don't want to forget about that wire.....

maybe I'll just make my own, this guy made a custom speaker enclosure out of fiberglass and it came with a cute blonde
VWVortex.com - D.I.Y. Fiberglass sub enclosure made easy

here's one someone made for his boxster
Subwoofer solution for Boxster? - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums

actually... seeing that makes me wonder if maybe some of those underseat 8" subwoofers like the Kenwood KSC-SW01

here's a video of it under a seat, looks small enough to fit in our rear storage compartments
Kenwood KSC-SW01 - YouTube

or this, which appears to be under the seats of a 911
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/34394-nice-little-drop-8-sub-box-kicker-10-tcvt8.html

this guy put 8" subs in his doors, but he also added about 100 lbs of dynamat , speakers and amplifier, not something I'd really wanna do
New Stereo/Nav, Amp, Speakers, Door Subs - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums

I'm more of the "good enough" sound camp, I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for a few more decibels, but anything would be better than the 90's factory speakers
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote