View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
hossuk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
What does that have to with my suggestion to replace the hu and forget the cd changer? You bought speakers. Now finish it off with a $100 hu. A 40w per channel amp is about as useless as an anchor on your car; may as well re-sell or toss it. I stated my opinion...take it or leave it.

Here; I'll break it down for you.
1)of course it is
2)you bought the speakers...why not use them?
3)"the bose setup" is just speakers? If you want better sound, speakers alone won't cut it. DITCH THE BECKER UNIT! A cheap $100 pioneer head unit will outperform the stock unit and amp combined.

If you're not going to replace the hu, you won't be too impressed with the difference by only adding speakers.
Sorry reading Q3 again I didn't make myself very clear - At the moment I want to stay as stock as possible. Having read a number of forums I understand that even the set-up with the bose speakers is not very good on the sound quality front. I just hate the fact that with what I currently have all the sound comes from up front and just wanted something to fill the space a little better. Even if it does cover up the sound of those 250 horses behind my back.

Hope that clears things up a bit.