View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpaz View Post
So you're street racing in a straight line... in a Boxster?... I think you're confused...
First, no street racing

People say "porsches aren't good for straight lines", but the boxster is pretty decent at highway speeds, I've been incredibly surprised at what I've managed to keep up with.

here's a short list of the more interesting vehicles
--308hp V8 SL500 Mercedes
--New 300+ hp V6 Maxima
--New 300+ hp V6 Infiniti G37
--287hp V6 Nissan 350z
--2011+ Charger R/T... suppose to be 370hp V8 Hemi?? That was very interesting, because I thought it was a 292hp V6 the whole time, didn't know until I looked up what R/T had that it was a V8. Car was new, still had temp tags and the new car invoice on the side window, so unlikely it was a fake R/T. Maybe new driver didn't know how to press pedal? They only come with an automatic so can't blame bad shifting. Only thing I can think is they're heavy, 4,300 lbs, but still, shouldn't have been close.

i know, this list is unbelievable, i should have lost to all of them. I can't explain it

Update: I forgot to throw the Saturn Sky's and Pontiac Solstice's on here. I didn't add them because they were not "interesting", there was no challenge, even the turbo.... well, it said turbo on the back at least, I didn't hear any turbo whine though so it might have been a fake. Only reason I mention them is because they're also small two-seaters like our Boxsters and Car & Driver compares them to our Boxsters, but they're clearly not competition, even for my lowly 2.5

Last edited by 986_inquiry; 07-14-2012 at 06:40 AM.
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote