View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
MikenOH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
A quick clarification on this...
I am a fan of RaceChrono software and use a 5hz Qstarz GPS receiver with it but... You can still get very high positional accuracy and lap times within 5/100s of a second using a 1hz external receiver and Harry's software (internal phone GPS receivers are very low resolution). We run a pair of matched Spec Boxsters and I use RC while my brother runs Harry's Laptimer. Harry's uses interpolation to give highly accurate sector times and positional data. The timing and data results are very close between the two GPS products. I still prefer RaceChrono for lap analysis but both systems work very well and both are within 5/100ths of our transponder lap times. It's not quite as simple as just comparing GPS sample rate in Hz.
Topless
Thanks for the clarification; a question or two:

With Harry's, you use an external 1 hz GPS receiver and the software interpolation capability gives it the accuracy of a 5hz receiver? Which receiver was your brother running?

I guess my views on Harry's was colored by the guys I knew that used it running their iPhones for GPS data--good to know!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of analysis for harry's offer relative to RC?
Also, have they fixed that every other lap issue?
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote