View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
MikenOH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster586 View Post
Thanks bud. I didn't post the video where I came out of turn 13 too fast (after the bridge) and drove in the grass for a short bit

I was in the novice group and there were only two passing zone. The one after the bridge is the easiest place to pass so that's where I made the passes.

At BIR, you are a novice for the first two track days and then you MAY move up to the intermediate group IF you'd like.

My shifting still sucks. At times, I did not shift until I've already entered the corners. I also need to learn/practice heel toe shifting!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as a suggestion regarding the video, I use it to check my lines, where I am on the turn in and how smooth my steering inputs are.

If you turn the camera on your self occasionally, or move it back between the seats--I have mine mounted on the roll bar--you can record your steering inputs and get a feel for how smooth you are. Smooth steering inputs--same for brakes and gas--make a big difference on how settled the car is at any one moment, especially in the curves.

Finally, think about a data logger (smartphone), GPS receiver and a program to record track data--I use Race Chrono. You can compare your lap times and actually retrace your lap to see where you were on the course, what your speed was and where your breaking point was; I went back through a session and compared laps with similar times but found different lines through a curve/sector and found out just how much more time I was loosing or gaining by taking a particular line. A great educational tool.

Last edited by MikenOH; 07-02-2012 at 08:48 AM.
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote