Thread: Help me Decide
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbiess View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. In terms of use - I'm looking at a Summer-only daily driver, although some Driver's Ed track work as well as some some auto-crossing will likely be in scope. That being said it will likely see more trips to restaurants that laps around a track.

I guess the basic question comes down to: Are all the goodies that are included with an 'S' a bigger benefit than a car with half the miles?

I've driven both and while the 'S' has got a slightly more aggressive exhaust note (as it has no Cat and a Borla exhaust) I felt little difference in the way the cars accelerated, cornered or stopped.

Both sellers are asking $17K and while that sounded reasonable, both sound a bit inflated based on some of the posts received??

Heated seats are the only desired option missing from either car which is a bit of a bummer (who buys a care w/o heated seats in Michigan?!) and it appears that there's no inexpensive way of adding them. I guess I'll find a way with living without them. My wife on the other hand is a different story.

Based on what I just wrote I'm thinking that I won't be tapping into the need for the extra capabilities of an 'S'. Any additional thoughts are appreciated.
Car #2 is your car: The difference in power wasn't a factor and that is the major difference between a base and S. The other very minor differences are even less noticable.

Car2 is low mileage and you can never change (once they are there, they are there forever). The old adage about buying the least mileage car always rings true. And lastly, Car2 has been treated the same way that you intend to care for it. Can't ask for much more than that.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 06-24-2012 at 04:52 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote