Thread: Help me Decide
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
bbiess

Help me Decide

I'm new to the forum and have found the info contained here unbelievably helpful. I've looked at several Boxters for sale locally and have narrowed my search to a couple very different cars and I'm hoping for some guidance on figuring our which way to go.

Car #1:
2001 Boxster S, 58K miles, new clutch, flywheel, RMS and IMS seals, owned by a former certified Porsche mechanic (who personally did all the work), driven during the Winter (here in Michigan (owner installed snow tires on a second set of wheels)) for a couple of years. He's the third owner. Aside from some minor rock chips and a little bit of curbing on the wheels the car is in excellent condition. Silver on Black, two sets of Porsche wheels included. Needs tires.

Car#2:
2001 Boxster, 21.5K miles. Original owner, dealer maintained with full service history. 17" Porsche wheels. This is a classic 'only driven on sunny days' car. It's never seen snow and very little rain. It's black on black and in amazing condition.

Both owners are asking the same price for their respective cars. Both have also agreed to having their cars undergo a full PPI from a local Porsche dealer.

So here the question: If it were you, what would you do and why? Any info is greatly appreciated.
bbiess is offline   Reply With Quote