View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #14
Spinnaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianfar View Post
I bought one of these buffers from walmart, and used a swirl remover compound and got no where. It's such a pain to wash the car, and spend 8 hours on it. It looks nice and shiny in the garage, or in shade, but as soon as the sun comes out, all the little swirls and circles show on the paint, and it's as if you just didn't do any cleaning on the car. I might have to get mine professionally detailed, and get the swirls out.
The professionals will use a power buffer on your car also. The paint will look good for awhile until whatever wax they used wears down and the swirls begin to show again.
I want you to try something since you already have some swirl remover compound. Take a small section of your car (the rear trunk is the easiest) and lay a string or some masking tape in a straight line from front to rear to use as a reference line right down the middle. Take a terry cloth rag (I use an old cotton sock) with some of your swirl compound and rub it in by hand following the reference line you put down. Keep working the compound until it works down to a fine polish. Follow the reference line exactly and use a push/pull type of motion. Don't stand to the side and try to do this. Your arm has a natural tendency to swing in an arc that will negate what you are trying to do. It takes a lot of time and training to make your arm go in a staight line from side to side. Do just one half of the trunk and be careful to follow the reference line exactly. When you are finished with the half you are doing, clean off the residue very carefully in a straight line and apply your wax in a straight line also. Polish the wax to a shine following the reference line and then stand back and compare it to the other half. Tell me what you think.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 06-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote