View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Installed Short Shift Kit - Now I'm Stuck!

I just put in the short shift kit. However, the marks on the cables were not "around" the cable - so basically I have no marks….HELP!

Can some please explain to me how to dial my transmission in again. I think I got the forward gears to work O.K., little grinding in reverse. How is the adjustment made? What is the margin of error on the little 'grooved plastic thing'? Is there a starting point you can work from to make sure the shifting is correct?

P.S. Had to take it out for a spin…love the "Precision shifting" - should come from factory like this (except for the reverse dealio). Could get it into reverse by moving the grooved thingy one the reverse cable about halfway (instead of all the way in - like the forward gear cable).

Hope this is making sense…you guys would have seen this before. Can someone please describe the procedure, I already know the Pelican and B & M methods. Anyone have a sliver of advice not mentioned in the instructions?

Thanks!