View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Thanks for helping me with my 2002 986 S install problem I was installing a SSK. The marks I had made were not done properly in the right place (I did them to the inside of the cable BOT outside where it mattered. So with the SSK installed I had to start over on the cable end placement. I had tried multiple options but will ensure the cable ends are where they belong.

Is there any downside from being out side the "sweet spot"? I KNOW someone is going off topic with that one but it is the easiest way to explain. If I miss the "premium shifting point" either by not taking enough slack in the cable, or, pulling cable too taught….will there be any negative effects? How will I be able to tell I am there (or is that another question that will get the "if you have to ask when you are there - then your trip is not complete, grasshopper" response). Or is it one of those things that "when it's right you know it". Today must be old cliche day, hmm.

Wish I could ask it a different way, maybe someone else can do better...