View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 PM   #10
trogdor

Do you have traction control?

Since I got my 2000 S I've only seen the TC light come on once or twice for a split second under hard acceleration in the rain. So last week after it rained all week and I was stuck at work until 9pm, I walked out to the empty, wet and lighted parking lot and decided to test out the TC.

I tried doing donuts with TC on and it was interesting how it limited engine RPM in a very unobtrusive way. I could spin the wheels a little but it would take over, very controllable circles with the wheel turned all the way and a little back and forth to keep it going.

THEN I tried it without TC on.. man... the boxster will spin like a top! I was very surprised how quickly the back end can get away and if you stay on the throttle you'll go around a few times before you know what happened... eye opening and I'm so glad I got that option.

Maybe nothing relates to you with this but I just found it interesting.. I'd really like to get it on a wet track and learn how to tame it without TC now... challenging Im sure.

Best of luck with the repairs.
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote