Thread: Date Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Funny how, no matter what our age, we still seem to have parent issues. I took my Boxster to show my mom and dad when I first got it. My father's only reaction was "What did you buy that for?" and my mother was chirping something about "old men and sports cars". Out of everyone that has ever seen it, the only people to react with negativity and nasty remarks were my own parents. Nice, eh? Really took the shine off it for me.

To this day, I completely refuse to discus any aspect of the car with them and neither has had, or ever will have, a ride in it. It reminded me of the reason I left home when I was 18 - their similar reaction to a '65 Montcalm convertible that I had the audicity to buy without first obtaining their blessing.

I'd tell your dad to stuff his jetski and go get one of your own. He's got a lot of nerve to even ask to borrow it considering the history - both his reaction to your purchase and his willingness to abuse nice machinery.

What am I in the twilight zone? I can't relate because my parents if they ever borrowed anything returned it in excellent condition. To say his dad is a dick for asking is a bit over the top, I'm sure junior caused some missed nights in the lazyboy with a beer during the first sixteen years. It's a car and the rig you want to use has a combined value that frankly surpasses it easily. Sounds like you should take your own ride and go swimming. My dad doesn't know who I am anymore but when he did he could have any damn stupid wiget I owned.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote