View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
LightngSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
A car model with more power is the car that the designers have strived for it to be.

Its too late for you lightning you must have an S now., welcome to the club!
Truer words have never been spoken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro View Post
Bad news...the '11 has a DFI motor, and with the PDK. I bet it has sport chrono, which helps with the "kick in the pants" feeling. Anything before 2010 will feel (and be) slower.
That car did NOT have Sport Chrono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
LSVT. Interesting that u looked at a Cayman first which is not a convertible and then looked at a Boxster S. With PDK I believe it is not manual per se.
Would u rather drive a manual trans. or does the PDK tech. do it for u? If I were u I would feel like a kid in a candy store especially if I had the $$$$ to buy something new. Take your time looking because if you are willing to spend big $$$$ you will have many options. My concern is if I were u I would make the wrong decision and regret it later! Enjoy!
Ive been really looking for Boxsters but the price ($28k) on the Cayman was to good to not check out. I have had true manual trans cars since I started owning and racing Fox-body Mustang's in my teens and thats my preference. BUT, I was really surprised by how good the PDK is, I expected to hate it going in but now think I'd be willing to consider owning a PDK car. Though I think long term potential repair costs would be substantially lower with a true manual.

HAving the money depends on your perspective, I dont have the money to pay cash for a $60k car. But I can (with trade) easily put $20k down and I could afford to pay $500-600/mo, but is that a smart choice? Im not so sure. If I stick to the $30-40k range I can buy a car and have it paid off in less than a year which seems like the smarter move. But ohhhhhhhh how sweet it was to drive a brand new Porsche, I cant imagine what it's be like in a Carrera S Cabriolet! I sent my wife pics of the car since she's out of town and her reply was "so is there a white Porsche at home now?". Not sure how to take that exactly but Im trying to be strong and responsible (well as responsible as one can be considering purchasing a Porsche).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Drove a 991 Carrera S with PDK. 400hp. Unbelieveable acceleration and slam shifts in Sport Plus mode. Up to 96 before I knew it.
Lucky man! I dont dare because I know for a fact that a $115k car is beyond my rational means.

Last edited by LightngSVT; 06-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote