View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 AM   #11
98Boxster98

Hi John - what model year is your Boxster?

On my '98 Boxster, there are two rectangular black clips with tabs located on trunkside of the plexiglass windstop, one on the passenger side rollbar hoop, one on the driver side rollbar hoop. To access them it helps to have the convertible top in the service position or fully open. The tab portion of the clip is located on the bottom side of the clip. From the cabin side of windstop, hands over the top of the windstop, gently (I repeat, gently) lift the tabs on each clip. The tabs are not suppose to remove from the clips. You want to apply just enough pressure to overcome the spring force of the tab to just lift the tab from its spring rest (locking) position. Now, while lifting the tabs of the clips, rotate the top of the wind deflector towards the back of the Boxster (gently push the top of the windstop away from you. The bottom of windstop will not move very much.) Once the windstop becomes free of clip locks, lift the windstop from a fixed bottom tab located on the rollbar, bottomside of the windstop.

To replace the windstop, with the top of the windstop slightly rotated towards the back of the Boxster, place the windstop on the fixed tab on the rollbar bottom. Rotate the top of the windstop towards the rollbar clips until it locks back into place. You may hear audible clicks when the windstop locks in place. Sometimes it helps to lift the tabs while installing the windstop. Check the installation by pressing on the windstop towards the back of the Boxster at the all the tab positions (clipped and fixed) to ensure the windstop is properly fastened. You don't want to lose it while you're hauling down the highway.

I believe that the remove/install instructions are in the owner's manual.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote