View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
Perfectlap

A Boxster bike rack would work for 996 and perhaps some Caymans with some modifications.

Personally, I like taking my Boxster to go riding. It's the only time when I get to enjoy the car and enjoy my other toys. Can't ride during the week for commuting for the most part, bike theft is too risky and I use mass transit which eliminates the Boxster. going home to switch cars is a drag. And driving a "utility" or "family" vehicle on the weekends is the last thing I want to do.

As it stands now if you were to buy a Boxster and wanted to buy a bike rack for it, I think you have literraly only one option that's ready to ship. The Bird.
I find it hard to imagine that there aren't hundreds if not thousands of Carrera and Boxster owners who would like to leave the minivan or SUV at home. But frankly I'm more surprised Porsche didn't think up a better solution for this. I don't think there is a better free ad campaign than seeing a couple in convertible with two bikes neatly mounted to the rear. Porsche already runs TV ads to show that their sports cars are not as impractical as is widely believed.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-30-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote