View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
Ghostrider 310
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
The Mahle oil filter with paper end caps.......................

If you cut the unit you pictured open it too has a plastic inside. I'm sure the anal retentive Germans have done due diligence on the NAPA. If Mahle was suffering a severe loss in market share because the design they used was causing engine failure, would they not update? Would Porsche use filters they knew would ultimately cause engine failure? For sure the NAPA is a great product at a great price point, the difference using either product over time is about as important as which vacuum cleaner bag you choose. Frequency of oil change and filter change is the most important factor, period! Reduce the mileage in the change interval and use whatever filter you want.

When you can post engine failure data tied directly to using the stock oil filtration set up PM, actually don't we are never going to agree, let's pretend each other died in a plane wreck. If it makes you happy you can pretend it the plane crashed due to the use of a Mahle filter.

PS Lastly, I don't know of a manufacturer that does not require the use of their parts during warranty period, frankly I was surprised the oil change did not have to happen at the dealer for said warranty to stay in effect, to suggest getting a lawyer and suing for that fact seems incredibly idiotic to me.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-24-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote