View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
jb92563

Just bought a 2001 Boxster S with 55K miles after having test driven the 2.7 and More power is always better.

Resale value on the S will be up a bit as well if its a Manual shift especially.

I now look forward to getting in the car for the morning & afternoon drive to/from work. Getting on the highway and merging with traffic is a thrill.

I set my speed warning warbler at 90mph so I can keep focus outside the car on traffic....what an incredible rush, your going to love an S even more and you will never have S envy

Of course the IMS is a concern due to the severe cost of a failure (although the frequency is low) so just plan on spending the extra ~$1000 on replacing the IMS Bearing with an LN replacement for the peace of mind or just spend a bit more for the non IMS model.

I suppose there is also the IMS Failure Guardian that detects ferrous metal in the engine oil when things like metal bearing cages start to disintegrate prior to bearing failure.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote