View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
greg9ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightngSVT View Post
Hello everyone, I just stumbles onto your forum last night and have been poking around a bit. I'm at the point of possibly picking up a car very soon, but after reading about some of the issues here and other forums Im getting a serious case of cold feet. With failures up to and including RMS / IMS leading to total engine failure and $15k + repairs these cars sound a bit scary. I was expecting something more inline with requirements / costs of a BMW not an exotic considering the cars I'm looking at are generally in the mid 30's.

So can you wise owners ease my fears of RMS, IMS, timing chains, tensioners, oil separators, etc that could cause catastrophic failures to both car and wallet? I should mention that Ive been focusing on 08 base cars and possibly 09 base with up to 30k miles. Is it true that the S cars didnt have all the same issues? I may consider a car as old as an 07 S for the right price / miles if they are "better" more reliable cars.

I have owned my 2005 Boxster S for 4 years and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Period. I love this car a little more every single year. You get high end sports car performance, every day comfort and reliability and a driving experience that is tough to beat at any price point! You'll never regret buying one!

I was a true car jumper before getting my Boxster. I owned an Acura CL-S, Honda S2000, a 2002 C5 Corvette, and a Lexus SC430 before I purchased the Boxster S. I have not considered replacing my Boxster S! I seriously love this car!

Get the S or you will wish you had!
greg9ball is offline   Reply With Quote