View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
CVstarBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Bad news aside, as we discussed through private messaging, it sounds like these wheels are not Porsche specific (i.e. hub centric) . In other words, they require the use of centering rings in order for them to properly interface with the center bore specification of your vehicle . Moreover, Forgestar probably uses an altogether different style lug bolt. However, unless these wheels require the use of spacers, the length of said lug bolts shouldn't be any different than of the oem lugs (28mm's) . Makes no sense ? Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Best of luck sorting it out .
JD, you know my experience with these things are very limited. I did, however, take the wheels to my Indy guy and he tried the OEM lugnuts. They fit but were a few milimiters short (that's compared to how the lugnuts fit on my regular wheels). He called a local parts vendor and they suggested the GT3 lug nuts which are 12 a piece. And I actually called the same vendor today ant they said they could order the "longer boxster" lugnuts as well - which I did not know existed.

I told them I'd call tomorrow to order - i'm hoping the forgestars lugnuts will show up miraculously any day now but I'm losing faith
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote