View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
ppbon

To be able to offer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectM96 View Post
My first track day and racing experience. No passing was allowed but I was driving as fast as I felt capable.

I shaved off at least 33 seconds off my laptimes throughout the day after driving about 17 laps total. I improved my time after every lap. There was no lap I took that was slower or equal from the previous lap.

I loved it and now I am addicted. For those of you who have experience, please give me some constructive criticism on how I can improve and where I was making mistakes on the track.

http://986forum.com/forums/video-center/35540-my-first-track-day.html
^Video here. Click on the Second Video. Part 2.

My car has exhaust, bypass pipes, Eibach Springs, street tires, and intake. No additional weight savings.

I was reaching 105-110 on the straightaway. I was making the sharp turns at 50mph and the moderate turns at 60-70mph. You think I can go faster?

I got a ride in a Cayman S with Hoosier racing tires. The driver was turning 20-30mph faster than I was at every corner and was going 25mph faster on the straightaway's.
... constructive criticism on your driving it would be better for me to have seen you, not the road ahead.
You seem smooth and fairly consistent but I'd like to see how you sit and hold/maneuver the steering wheel and also look at your footwork.
Next time out try to position your camera so that we can see those things and you'll get a lot better feedback.
In our Gold Coast PCA Region we have beginners (green group) go out with an instructor always, but we allow passing with point-by in restricted areas of the track.
Advanced (blue group) still ride with an instructor and still can pass with point-by only in restricted areas.
Solo (yellow group) ride by themselves with no instructor and can pass using point-by in the restricted areas of the track..
Super Solo and Instructors have no restricted passing areas and may pass in any section of the track, but must still point-by.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro