View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #8
Flavor 987S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
So far, about 5 hrs. I spent about 1½ hours flushing out the engine and radiators. I forgot to get some distilled water, so I got that later in the evening. Everything is buttoned up, except for the underbody tray. It had some cracks in it that I spent a hour or so melting back together with a soldering iron. All I have to do is put the undertray back on and pour the coolant in. Then purge the air out of the system.
Mind you that I'm no spring chicken anymore. I have worked on cars since I was a teenager, but it is getting a lot harder to find the energy to wrench on cars now a days. To give you a hint, I'm collecting Social Security now.
Good job! I plan to have this done in the Fall, prior to winter hibernation. My Boxster will be over 6 years young and just over 50,000 miles by then. Preventive maintenance.

I figure a new pump is about $200 and the low temp stat is about the same price. Charles doesn't really think the 987 needs the stat, so I'll throw the same money at a new pump, and sleep well.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote