View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Spinnaker

Go ahead, procrastinate like I did

I was going to change the water pump last year, but didn't get around to it. I was waiting to get a set of flex sockets, which I'm glad I got. They came in handy. So I do it today and this is what I get. Didn't find any chunks, but a lot of finely ground up plastic pieces and 2½ missing vanes. Hooked up the garden hose to the coolant hoses and flushed it out the best I could.
The gasket was already cut so this was a replacement water pump. Don't know how many miles, or years on this one since I didn't find any record of it in the receipts I found with the car. I've had the car for 4½ years now. I'll start saving up now in case I get a cracked head.
This was a precautionary water pump change. I didn't have any issues or leaking going on. Installed a Porsche OEM water pump from Sunset Porsche in Oregon and will use Porsche coolant. The antifreeze that came out was orange and not OEM. I don't know if this had any effect on the life of the plastic impeller, but I will not take a chance and will use the OEM coolant this time around.
Jake was right.

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 05-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote