View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Spinnaker

It is a plot to make you spend $350 dollars every couple of years to buy a new key. I bought a new key and never used it for almost two years. Just kept it for a spare. Started to use it and then it died a month later. Even though it was hardly used, it still quit working. The LED's still blink fine, it just doesn't operate the alarm. Out of warranty of course after two years, so the stealership wouldn't do anything. The original key still works so I swapped the internals over to the bad key since the battery cover on the old key kept popping off. That stealership doesn't get any of my business anymore. I get all my parts online now and it is a lot less expensive. If I ever need to get a new key, I will make sure that I keep the tag with the code number that comes with the key. They use it to program the key with. They normally don't give this to you for whatever reason, so if the key loses its program, you can't try to reprogram the key again. If they won't give me the tag with the code, they won't get the sale. I'll find a dealer that will.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote