View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #12
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces View Post
There is a very good ale house near me that I like to take the Porsche to after work Friday. One of the staff has a son who hangs out there with a dodge magnum. He's twenty something so he always wants to race. Tonight when he asked, I gave him the 986 forum company line, " racing in the streets is dangerous, never know when people might die and you do the long sit in the iron house and for what"?

I said, " I'll concede the stoplight race to you straight up, no need for a test". Then he says, "That's not a racing Porsche, how fast can you comfortably drive at speed".

I just wanted to laugh, I felt like saying, "buddy, my old 944 would dust that POS in a corner, it's a ****************ing station wagon, how you living"????

But because I'm old, I just said, "you might want to educate yourself about Porsches, you're a computer kid, check the Dodge racing win record against Porsche and get back to me next week"..
Reminds me about 10 years ago a Corvette in our city in the downtown did a hi power start at a green lite. Something broke and the car went sideways and killed a pedestrian on the sidewalk. Steet racing can be deadly. Keep your antics on the track - certainly not in the city. Sage advice above.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote