View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Sumflow

Lightbulb Ecu Doctor

The EcuDoc’s bypass emit’s a signal that tells the Ecu that it is on all of the time. It does not “Mimic a recognized key's RFID and in order to supply the info when 'requested' by the in-dash RF transceiver security system.” EcuDoc puts something under the CPU, which emulates the Immobilizer Signal for the car to start without the remote's input. Ecudoctors

Pedro says he “can now reprogram a DME to completely eliminate the immobilizer and all the wiring associated with it.” However, with the Pedro cure you lose your windows working. But Pedro suggests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
if it turns out to be the ... the CLU (Central Locking Unit), not the Immobilizer, (that) is wet.

Try removing the driver's seat and then the CLU.

Disconnect it from its harness, remove it from the car and open the case.

Remove the printed circuit board and dunk it in a shallow recipient and cover it with isopropyl alcohol.

Shake it well so the alcohol penetrates all the spaces, in particular between the chips and connections.

Then, let it dry. You can accelerate the drying by using a hair dryer in the cool mode.

Dry out the inside of the case if it had humidity and put everything back together.

If it was water causing the problem, it should now work fine.

We have saved many CLUs this way.
Pedro on CLUs

Pedro makes it sound like the Clu is different than the Immobilizer, but I only remember one box under my seat. In this bypass scenario the original system might still work if the immobilizer bypass failed, because if it did not get a signal from the bypass, it could still receive the signal from Porsche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
I guess $675 to make something NOT work seems expensive to me
Just like life insurance.

The Porsche dealer says it costs $3,000.00 to replace the drive box with new keys and installation. I have seen a Kauai car where they paid $3,100.00 earlier this month. Immobilizer replacements are a lucrative side business for dealers because they are covered under comprehensive on most auto insurance policies.
Sumflow is offline   Reply With Quote