View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
What I did last fall when I bought 4 17inch snow tires and drove 2 hours each way for pick up. I cant remember if I took a chance and took no spare on the way there. Anyway what I did at the place of the purchaser was this. When u get to your destin. you dont need the spare anyway!LOL
1. Remove mini spare from front trunk and insert one rim/tire where mini was. The front trunk lid will close.
2. Two rims/tires will go in the pax. seat- I believe they were standing upright. Your vision will be obstructed thru the pax. window. Tie the two tires together to prevent them rolling onto the gear shift.
3. One tire/rim will fit in rear trunk but trunk will not close. You can tie down the rear trunk lid with rope or straps.
4. Travel alone! I cannot remember what I did with the spare though but I did not leave it behind.
5. It is doable because I did it last fall. Enjoy. Stop maybe every 30-45 mins to takes deep breaths and have a coffee. Cheers.
You might have to let some air out of the tire in the front trunk . My tires/rims were 17inch.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote