View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
RYU

Unhappy HUNTING IDLE and CEL problem

Hi Folks,

Recently noticed CEL on and that my 2000 S would have a fluctuating idle (about 500 rpm) every-so-often when I came to a dead stop. Being a diligent reader I've tried nearly everything suggested in the forums past posts about similar problems so far. I started with a fuel injector cleaner (Techron), disconnected/reconnected the battery to clear the CEL and ran it for a few days. No real loss of performance or anything, but idle still persistent and, as anticipated, CEL came back on a few days later. Then tried plugged it into an OBD II reader and got the following fault codes - p1198 and p1130. I went ahead and changed all four O2 sensors and this time used the OBD II to clear CEL. Problem seemed better, but came back a few days later (along with the CEL). Gave up, went to dealer. They ran it through the PST (II?) and I was told it was that the "Vaccuum Canister" needed replacing (along with a few other things they always seem to find at the dealers). As I was happily driving the car home (though with a much lighter wallet) I noticed (of course) that the idle would fluctuate every-so-often when I came to a dead stop. Any ideas?