View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #7
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Boxster-MK
Great reads...

I wonder when Porsche will fix this once and for all.. I was actually very surprised that this was not fixed for the 2005+ redesign..

Maybe porsche thinks this is a great engine design, despite the propencity to have RMS issues.. Maybe the good outweighs the bad.. who knows...

Mike
Mike,

Porsche has chosen to sacrifice Quality for Profit! That may sound Harsh, but this issue remains unresolved since 1997, and plagues both the Boxster and the 911!

Instead of a proper Recall, which could cost the Company Millions (so what?... it's just fixing their F*ck-up), Porsche has taken the Risk Management point of view and repaired those cars retroactively, because it's cheaper than recalling all possibly affected Cars. The problem is that many Out-of-Warranty or Second Owners are having to foot most, if not all, of the bill for the repair.

This is disgusting and I am currently researching, through my Congressman, how one approaches the Dept. of Commerce and the NHTSA to try and force a recall so that owners don't need to pay for the repair of a flaw which should have been perfected to begin with.

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote