View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
GPDRVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed95682 View Post
From the many previous Post I've read, it seems "normal" for the batteries to go dead after a short rest of 10+ days. Not that I'm liking this...as I've had my '06 Boxster S for 18 months and already I've replaced the batteries three (3) times! I have not been able to figure out where the electrical draw is coming from, as everything seems to be "off" when it sits for 10+ days.

A question I have would be: If you've locked the doors on the car and the battery becomes dead, then what do you do?

I know what to do if the doors are unlocked and accessing the fuse box, but if the doors are locked, how do you get access to the trunk to jump start the car? This situation hasn't happened, but I'm imagining that it can.

Hopefully you have not locked your keys in the car. And the battery is so DEAD, that no matter what is done the car will not unlock. Doors can be opened by the key, but your not able to get the front trunk open not matter what method you use. There is a stainless steel cable with a loop on it behind the passenger side head light. By levering up the light up from the bottom, ever so gently and a flash light beaming in to the side of the trunk you can see it, with a coat hanger hook, [10 - 12 inches] that cable will release the front trunk. I have heard once the cable has been located some folks put in the tow hook location for easy access later. The dealer has placed mine under the headlight, and it is still accessable without your home built coat hanger hook.
Yes my car could go a month without killing a battery, last December on 6 degree day the battery was deader than a door nail, and after killing 2 from the local parts store [at $130 they were not happy either] - bought the pricey one from the Dealer [$200] and killed that one. Then had it towed to the Dealer to replace it and they could not find any trouble and sent me home telling me 'YOU NEED TO USE A TRICKLE CHARGER' that you need to buy from PORSCHE. what a scam. and charged an hour labor. might as well have bought another dealer battery after getting that bill.
GPDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote