View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
insite

i went with MB Quart's PCE 210's in the dash. they are supposed to be 4", but are slightly smaller. they come with a flush mounting ring. trimming off the outer portion of this ring allows mounting of the speakers directly into the factory grills on the dash.

the PCE 210's can be configured as component separates or as coaxial mid / tweet speakers. as the tweets are larger than factory, i used the coax configuration to avoid having to modify the factory grills to accept the MB Quart tweets.

i had no factory door speakers to begin with. i managed to shoe-horn a set of MB Quart PCE 164 6-3/4" midbass woofers into the doors FLUSH mounted (they BARELY fit, but look / sound awesome). if you don't have door speakers, wiring them is a MAJOR pain. i found it easier to physically take the doors off of the car.

this is all driven with an amp mounted where the factory 6-disk changer would go under the hood (120w / ch @ 4 ohms x 4 channels). i mounted the PCE 210 crossovers under the hood where the factory amps would go. the PCE 164 crossover was mounted in the dash behind the cubby holders (on top of the airbag sensor).

i rounded out the system with a clarion powered sub that is only 2" thick. this fits behind the passenger seat with minimal impact to leg room.

the overall sound is unreal. it starts to wash out a bit on the bass side at > 80 mph with the top down, but hey, it's a convertible.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote