View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #11
Perfectlap

First.

DONT EVER PARK YOUR CAR WITH THE TOP DOWN. ok maybe if youre going to the dairy queen or dunkin donuts.
But the headlights on your car are VERY EXPENSIVE and can be removed by an expert Porsche dick head in about 2 minutes (with top down).

Second
Don't leave your car with top down in the sun. VERY BAD for your leather and black plastic. I use a soft top cover and it was faded in certain areas after only a week of exposure to the Summer Sun.

Third.
Get a steering wheel lock. Its crude and medieval but its a great visual detterent for the amateur theif or vandal. A Pro is going to take off with your car no matter what.

Fourth.
Park far away (common knowledge). And try to park in the shade. Minimize the sun exposure to your car as much as possible. and watch out for tree's bearing gifts like chestnuts and apples.

I neve park in between cars. EVER. even if it means parking on the next street in front of some guy's house. When I valet my car in NYC I tell them to be careful that the car has special racing R compound tires and that if they drive quickly the braking will cause the the tires to slide on the parking lot surface. I know the temptation of a young valet guy to burn out in my car is strong.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote