View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
RobbieKnobbie

My daily driver (07 Mustang conv) gives better mileage reporting than my 06 Boxster S, so my observations are based on that car, though the basic idea is the same...

I can meet or often exceed the rated mileage on that car if I drive conservatively - easy starts from red lights, keeping steady speeds instead of pushing and braking, pushing and braking all the time. I've actually hit 33.5 mpg this way with no crazy modifications. I don't idle the car unnecessarily, and I keep my speed to around 65 on the highway ( the cars sweet spot - above or below that and consumption goes up fast)

If I drive to keep up with traffic, the way people in my area go, my mileage instantly drops to 20 to 22. I don't want to think about how much fuel they're guzzling down in their SUV's and big trucks!

SO much depends on how hard/often you push those pedals.

Back to your new boxster... If it has an aftermarket exhaust, then I'd wager it has a hot chip in it too, both of which will often eat into your mileage. Then there's the way you drive it. It IS a Porsche after all! I'm not surprised by what your getting.

As mentioned, give it a tune up and see where that takes things, but I think you're about where you should be.
RobbieKnobbie is offline   Reply With Quote