View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #35
xclusivecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
In the final analysis, whether one is an astute buyer or a gullible sap depends entirely on the outcome of the transaction.
I bought my '99 out of an auto trader magazine 500 miles from home after 15 minutes of walk-around inspection and a 10-minute joy ride. The "maintenance documentation" I put so much faith in consisted of one (1) oil change receipt, albeit from a Porsche dealer.
Fortunately for me it turned out to be fault-free in spite of it's ownership history as a lease car from humid and slushy Chicago, and cosmetically immaculate into the bargain. Apparently the lessee didn't drive the car in the winter, and took good care of the car as revealed by the warranty history I subsequently obtained from the my local Porsche dealer.
All that aside, the next owner will receive as full and complete a maintenance history as I can provide, so they will not have to wonder whether the car they bought is a good example of the marque, or a bucket of crap with leather seats.
I also agree with Brucelee, the liklihood of any of us keeping our Boxster "forever" is just about nil.
Now I am thoroughly confused...your first post basically rips the guy up for doing his own maintenance because nobody would ever purchase a DIY maintained car and now you admit yourself that you had purchased a car without any idea of what you were doing?