View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
NoGaBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by etarasoff View Post
Thanks for the tips. Did any of you guys buy a base and ultimately regret it? The last sports car I had was a 914 twenty years ago. So, even a base Boxster will seem very quick by comparison. I've driven both a base and S but dinot in any sort of conditions where I could really "test" either. S definitely had a little more pickup but both seemed fast to me.
I knew I would always regret having a base while the S existed. That's just me. Some people are like that, some aren't. No logic to it. I'd be fine having a Carrera S even though Turbo, GTS, GT3 and GT2 are above it in the heirarchy, so I can't explain about needing the Box S. And I'd choose a 987S over a Spyder, even though the Spyder is more hardcore.

So I bought a new S back in 2004 and have never, for one second, regretted that decision. I suppose if I had been making payments on it every month and figured out what the extra was costing per month, and that was a hardship, I might have regretted it. But it was a one-time payment for me, and whether it was 53k or 63k was soon forgotten. But the car's essential S-ness is there every day.
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote