View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I'm going to make a few assumptions here in my response, so hopefully they're the right ones. If I am not talking about the same thing you're thinking, please clarify.

I assume you're talking about the actual turn signal housing in the headlight when you're talking about the "inside", and the small amber triangle when you're talking about the "outside". In that case, while I'm not sure how you were able to get the amber out of the signal piece, the only way that I know to have a clear triangle is to buy a clear triangular piece and replace it on your headlight. It is a separate piece of the headlight assembly, which is why you feel a roughness between it and the signal portion.

This is a very sought after part, as it breaks very easily and even easier with age as the plastic gets brittle. The headlights that were built with clear turn signals are also sought after, so you'll find the parts may be a bit pricey compared to the amber versions that people don't seem to want. But if you really desire the clear headlight look, that's the way to do it. If your signal is already clear, just get some clear triangles.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote