View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Boxster Picture Game Thread 2012!

GAME ON!

Spring is here, and for anyone who enjoyed, participated, or was even the least bit curious about it last year, the Boxster Picture Game Thread is back!!!

Please note, there are some changes. The main one being that pictures must be taken specifically for satisfying the challenge. Previously taken photos can no longer be used. Please take the time to go through the rules again to ensure that you've been briefed.

The idea is simple: You take pictures of your car(s) in a certain setting or a funny/unique situation.

The first one to get it right wins a point and then presents the next challenge for others to meet. Everyone can try to do the challenge but the first one to get it done wins. I’ll be keeping track and going by forum timestamps. Points are basically for bragging rights, something for you to throw in your signature, maybe.

Example of the process: "Boxster in front of an office building" - You take the picture (NOTE: it must be a picture of YOUR car and you’ll have to go out and shoot it specifically for posting here. We're going on integrity here, so let's keep it honest.) In your successful post, you then present the next challenge for everyone else to try to meet. YOU MUST POST THE NEXT CHALLENGE IN YOUR SUCCESSFUL POST. If you do not do this you will not be awarded the point and it will go to the next person with a successful post unless you edit your post prior to theirs. Again, I will be checking timestamps.

Please don’t make the requests too outrageous or specific to where people will be unable to do them, or risk doing something dangerous/illegal. This is supposed to be for fun, and we also want the game to be able to continue, not get stalled because someone says “Picture of a Boxster doing a barrel roll.” (though I do have a picture of a Prius' failed attempt at one)

Alright, so by the numbers:

THE RULES - PLEASE READ
1) No photoshopping, so obviously this also means no requests that would require photoshopping. We're going for real pictures.

2) Please only post pictures of YOUR Boxster, meaning you will actually have to go out and take a picture to post in this thread. Yes, you have to do a little work for your points...or have a buddy who's great with a camera and enjoys running around with you to play this game.

3) No duplicate requests - let's keep it fresh, I’m sure we can all think of something different.

4) If you are the poster who meets the picture challenge, please put your next request in a BOLD font under your picture so it's easy to find.

5) IF the challenge isn't met within 48 hours of posting, the person who put the challenge up then has 24 hours to complete the challenge themselves. If they cannot complete their own challenge, they are docked one point and then must pick a new challenge. Choose wisely.

6) No challenge is to be made that involves any of the following:

* illegal activities (this includes, but is not limited to: guns, drugs, street racing, thievery, etc).
* currency (the participants of this game will not be limited to those with immediate access to large amounts of funds)

* Destruction of one's own property, the property of others, or any piece of public property

The list could go on and on, so let’s use good judgement and do things in good taste. Again, this is supposed to be fun while being challenging.

7) Do not specify model/type/year/color requirements for member vehicles(i.e. base Boxster, Boxster S, 986/987, MY99, etc.). We want anyone and everyone on the forum to be able to participate in this game. The type of Boxster you own does not matter, just that it IS a Boxster meeting the challenge requirements. However, specifying something else (like taking a picture next to a brick building, a red sedan, a yellow lawnmower, a pine tree, an empty boat launch, etc.) while not getting too specific, is allowed. Simply say "A Boxster...(followed by the challenge specifics)".

8) Once a challenge has been satisfied, the user who met the challenge should post the picture in the Boxster Picture Game Thread for confirmation.

9) Please do not quote someone's post with the picture in it so we don't see the same pictures multiple times. Instead, refer to the post # so that we can keep things organized.

10) If you wish to dispute someone's meeting of a challenge, refer to their post # and give a reason for disputing their accomplishing the requirements by the rules. Keep it concise and don't start an internet fistfight about it.

Please let me know if there are any additional rules or changes that members feel would be beneficial to keeping this game going.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 03-20-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: deleted "Share" crapola
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote